As the days of summer continue to tick by, the countdown to the first day of college creeps closer and closer for many nervous pre-frosh. Fortunately, there is much to look forward to.
1. Your first day with no parents and no rules.
2. Meeting your roommate, whom you’ve already stalked on Facebook and are ready to be best friends with… until she walks in, and you look at her like…
…and you lose all hope of being friends.
3. But you can always look forward to your first college party. Because you’ll obviously be the coolest kid there.
4. Having to walk to school. Every. Single. Day. Even when it’s snowing.
5. The possibility of finding true love, now that you’re a cool college kid and no longer an awkward high schooler.
6. Catching the eye of the cool college senior. And you’re just like…
Until he looks at you like…
7. Meeting new people… all sorts of new people. Whether that’s a good or bad thing is yet to be determined.
And you just think…
8. The appeal of the unlimited dining hall food–at least for the couple days while it lasts.
Until you look at your student loans and realize it’s not actually free food. But you pretty quickly move on because…
9. Free gym access, as you attempt to avoid the Freshman 15.
10. No longer needing to ask permission to use the restroom during class.
11. Themed parties.
12. Not getting enough sleep.
13. But (the best part)… being able to take naps whenever you want. Whenever. You. Want.
If that glorious freedom of sleep isn’t something to look forward to, then I don’t know what is.